Türk Hava Yolları Anonim Ortaklığı (hereinafter referred to as “THY”, “Company” or “We”), pays the utmost attention to the lawfulness of the processing of personal data of its customers.
This Protection of Personal Data Announcement (“Announcement”) herein has been prepared in accordance with the primarly Article 10 of Law on Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698 (the “Law”) and EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) related other applicable law and legislation to ensure that your personal data, within the framework of startup ecosystem that inspires from the next generation startups, tests their products and services, develops potential collaborations and contributes to them, is processed in a transparent manner.
In this respect, as a data controller, we provide you information on which personal data we process and for which purposes, the third parties we share your data with, your rights and the methods that you may use to contact us.
For more detailed information about the processing of your personal data, you may review the Data Controllers Registry (VERBİS) (https://verbis.kvkk.gov.tr/) held by the Presidency of the Personal Data Protection Authority.
For more detailed information about GDPR you may read the GDPR Privacy Notice published on https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr/legal-notice/gdpr-privacy-notice .
How Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
Your personal data can be collected while you apply on the https://terminal.turkishairlines.com web site, mobile application, via all kind of systems including printed documents, verbal instructions and/or through electronic platforms. As per the Law, your personal data may only be processed where one or more conditions that are stipulated under Law are present. As THY, regardless of the purpose for which we process your personal data, we process it in accordance with the provisions of national and international law, primarily the general principles stated under Article 4 of the Law and by relying on conditions for lawful data processing listed under Article 5 and 6 of the Law.
Which Personal Data We Process?
General information on your personal data processed by THY are as follows, (For more detailed information about the type of personal data processed, you may review the Data Controllers Registry (VERBİS) (https://verbis.kvkk.gov.tr/) held by the Presidency of the Personal Data Protection Authority.
• Identity and Contact Information: Personal data such as name, surname, contact information such as e-mail address, phone and cell phone number or social media contact information that you have provided to us while making applications to the program
• Authentication Information: Membership information, user name, password
• Application Information : Country, city information, photo
• Evaluations and requests: Information regarding your assessments, complaints and requests relating to our services
• Transaction Security: IP address information, log records, password information, website visited, date of visit, duration obtained in online applications
What are the Purposes for which We Process Your Personal Data?
THY will process your personal data for the following purposes. (For more detailed information about the type of personal data processed, you may review the Data Controllers Registry (VERBİS) (https://verbis.kvkk.gov.tr/) held by the Presidency of the Personal Data Protection Authority.
• Application to the program and membership
• Communication: Informing you regarding our regular operations such as establishing communication with you via SMS, e-mail or telephone for the purposes of ……. (Please be noted that the electronic messages transmitted for the purposes stated above, or for other similar service information and excluding messages transmitted for marketing purposes shall not require the consent of the recipient as per the Article 6 of the Regulation on Commercial Communication and Commercial Electronic Messages and may be transmitted to you by THY without obtaining your consent.)
• Evaluations of Request and Opinions : Receiving opinion, complaint and evaluations of users on our program through written/online form and surveys and evaluating them,
• Legal Obligations: Ensuring compliance with the national and international legislation to which THY is subjected to and fulfilling the obligations arising from the relevant legislation,
• Service Customization: Offering, proposing and introducing the programs, services and products to the related persons and performing the activities for the customization of them according to the usage habits and needs of the related persons,
To Whom We Transfer Your Personal Data and Why?
Under certain circumstances, we may transfer your personal data that we process to third parties residing within borders or abroad, in accordance with the provisions of national and international law, particularly Article 8 and 9 of the Law.
Third parties that we may transfer your data can be listed categorically as follows:
• Our business partners or suppliers residing within borders or abroad;
• Group companies, e.g. certain services offered by THY are carried out by our affiliates, within this context, your personal data may be shared with our relevant affiliates. You may find more detailed information regarding our group companies on Türk Hava Yolları Anonim Ortaklığı Privacy Notice on Protection and Processing of Personal Data https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr/legal-notice/privacy-policy/index.html or from the following link: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/press-room/about-us/index.html
• Private and public institutions authorized by national or international legislations
What are Your Rights as Data Subjects?
As data subjects, you are entitled to a number of rights under Article 11 of the Law in relation to your personal data. We would like to inform you about the rights that you are entitled to and the ways you may use them.
The rights you have under the Article 11 of the Law are as follows:
Learn whether data relating you are being processed,
Request further information if personal data relating to you have been processed,
Learn the purpose for the processing of personal data and whether data are being processed in compliance with such purpose,
Learn the third-party recipients to whom the data are disclosed within the country or abroad,
Request rectification of the processed personal data which is incomplete or inaccurate and request such process to be notified to third persons to whom personal data is transferred,
Request deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal data was collected, despite being processed in line with the Law and other applicable laws and request such process to be notified to third persons to whom personal data is transferred,
Object to negative consequences that you experienced as a result of analysis of the processed personal data by solely automatic means,
Demand compensation for the damages you have suffered as a result of an unlawful processing operation.
If you are subject to GDPR, please visit https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-pl/legal-notice/gdpr-privacy-notice/ for more information about your rights.
You can easily use your rights mentioned above and easily communicate the related requests to us via contact information below. Data subjects’ requests concerning the above-listed rights shall be concluded by us within thirty days at the latest, in accordance with the limitations provided by the Law. In principle, data subject requests shall be concluded free of charge. However, Turkish Airlines reserves its right to demand a fee from the tariff specified by the Board, in case the request requires additional costs.
Türk Hava Yolları A.O. Genel Yönetim Binası
Yeşilköy Mah. Havaalanı Cad. No:3/1 34149 Bakırköy/İstanbul
+90 212 463 63 63