Turkey Enterprise Ecosystem’s Report for the First Four Months of 2021 Has Been PublishedJune 2021
Posted at 08:35h
Statistics of the Turkey Enterprise Ecosystem for the first quarter of 2021 were published by startups.watch.
What happened during this process?
- Startups in Turkey received $10.8 million in 14 investment rounds in April.
- In the first 4 months of 2021, 523 million dollars were invested in 78 investment rounds in total.
- When the large investments received by Getir are excluded, a total of 95 million dollars was invested in 76 investment rounds in the first 4 months of 2021.
- The top 3 startups that received the most investment in April were Ace Games, Appsilon Diamond and EasyCep.
- In the first 4 months of 2021, 17 gaming startups received an investment of 65 million dollars.
- Trendyol became the official third unicorn of Turkey with an investment of 350 million dollars. (Peak, Bring, Trendyol)
- In April, 5 Turkish startups based abroad received a total investment of 84 million dollars.
- Tripledot Studios became the foreign-based Turkish startup that received the largest investment in April.
- In the first 4 months of 2021, 13 foreign-based startups received an investment of 430 million dollars.
- In the late stages (Private Equity, Growth Equity, Corporate Round), 4 startups received a total investment of 374 million dollars in the first 4 months of 2021. (Trendyol, BluTV, Vektora, E Solution)
- Zynga made its fourth game purchase from Turkey by purchasing Izmir-based Uncosoft through Rollic, which it bought last year.
- In the last 5 years, 33 funds have been established and the size of these funds allocated to Turkey has exceeded $677 million. (2017-2021)