Impact of Coronavirus Epidemic on AviationApril 2020
Nowadays, the coronavirus global epidemic creates serious impact in our sector, the airline companies started to make plans for the post-epidemic. Some reports to lighten the way are published by IATA.
While impact of the epidemic on aviation takes a part in the first report, the second report states the costs of air travel will increase as the restrictions disappear.
Let’s summarize the featured information;
- Worldwide flights decreased by 80% at the beginning of April
- According to the reports, loss of income can be more than twice the economic crisis in 2008-2010
- In 2020, it is expected that total number of passengers will decrease by 50% at least
- Due to the social distancing rule if the middle seats are left empty, the maximum occupancy rate may be around 62%
- In order to meet the cost of 62% occupancy, prices may need to be increased by 43-54%